Monday 9 May 2016

It rolls! (with a push!)

At last I feel a bit of a milestone (for me at least) has been reached. I have been able to attach the track-rod ends after first adjusting to suit the recommendations in the AK manual of 47.5" between ball centers. The manual quoted 14 turns of the track-rod ends as a good starting point. To achieve 47.5" I had to go to 16 turns. Obviously the tracking will be properly sorted later down the line (must add that to the to-do list!).

After this I covered the brake calipers with cardboard so that I didn't chip them (again!!!) when I put on the slave wheels.

After this all the axle stands were removed and it now sits proudly on its own 4 wheels. Very happy indeed. It no longer feels just like a pile of bits.

Sorry about the photo but I had to quickly take one as it started to rain so it was going back in the garage before it got all wet. A bit of an apology to my wife as the washing got left out for a bit longer than ideal but I had to get my priorities right didn't I?


No comments:

Post a Comment