Monday 27 August 2018

Power Steering Pump - Pt 2

After having a chat with Jon at AK the position for the Power Steering pump has been sorted. Just in front of the steering rack behind the rad and fan and supported by a bracket bolted to the nearside chassis rail.

First thing I had to do was decide how much of the old bracket I could use which turned out to be around 40%. So I set off cutting off all the areas that were not required. The original bracket now looks like this.

Before
After. Lots removed. Need to add a small tie to the two straps
Now I need to move onto the mounting bracket that the original part will be welded to. I spent quite a while sorting the position I wanted and then mocked up a bracket in cardboard.

Cardboard mockup
Then I went onto the trusty CAD and modelled exactly what I want with a few mods.

Modelled in CAD

Drawing ready for laser cutting and welding.
Got a quote from Profab in Coventry for £50+VAT which I am happy with so ordered one. Now just got to wait a week or two as its holiday time! When I get the new support I'll have the original bracket welded on top and then the whole assembly powder coated black.

No comments:

Post a Comment