Tuesday 21 August 2018

Gearbox Mounts - Pt 1

I have never been a fan of simply drilling and tapping into the chassis rails with larger screws so decided to do it a little differently. I have had a couple of bosses made that will fit in through the top wall of the chassis rail and sit on the inside of the bottom wall of the chassis rail and then be fully welded on the top surface. These pillars are 25mm diameter and have an M12 tapped hole in the bottom.

Pillars and bolts. I'll use spring washers and loctite

25mm hole in the top and 12.5 in the bottom and through the gearbox mount plate.
First one in ready for welding


Bolted up with temporary braces removed. Just needs welding.
I'll get the welding done a little later as I want to get all necessary welding done at the same time. I will have a small boss for the handbrake cable mods, the side-pipe mount brackets and the gearbox mounts that need welding.

No comments:

Post a Comment