Wednesday 16 May 2018

Engine - Pt 11

Moving on from last time we are coming towards the end of this engine build. Now I want to try and get the front of the engine completed as much as I can before testing.

Coil Mounting.
I have had a nice bracket made to mount the coil on the front of the LH (view in car line) cylinder head. This has been anodised black and I have used stainless fasteners in keeping with the rest of the build (more or less). The photo below shows the bracket and some of the spacers that have been used to alight the pulleys and the alternator.



Front pulley spacer and fasteners

Front pulley spacer
Front pulley fitted

After sorting front end auxiliary drive
Spark Plug Cables.
I purchased all the necessary parts from Summit Racing. 25ft reel of 8.5mm diameter cable, plug caps and, a distributor set caps and a set of crimping pliers. All the connectors are of the double crimp variety.


I'm intending keeping them all tidy with a nice milled and polished billet aluminium bracket. It didn't take too long to sort the cables and tidying up on each side. As each cable was prepared I added the cable identification tag.

1-4 sorted just 5-8 to go!

I must say that I am really happy with the overall look, however I have realised that the alternator will have to move due to chassis rails and this may also affect the cable mount brackets. Oh well, if it does I'll sort something else.

Fuel Pipe.
The next item I've added is the braided hose for the feed from the fuel pump to the carburettor. The only thing that took a little time was having to make up a suitable stainless bracket to guide the hose where I wanted it to go.


Still need to tidy the cables and get a couple of clips else ready for testing. Just need to add the frame I welded up for transportation etc.


Just got a few holes to plug and tape over and then it is off to Peter Knight Racing.


So.... That's it then. All delivered to Peter Knight Racing waiting for setup and run-in and dyno. Lets see how it performs. Should know in a week or so. Feel rather nervous but there is nothing more I can do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment