Tuesday 14 June 2016

Brake & Clutch pipes - Pt 5

As mentioned in the last brake pipe post I may have to re-do one of the pipes due to the fuel pipe run. Now that I have now pretty much sorted the fuel pipe run this did indeed mean that I had to re-do the nearside rear brake pipe. This was only a short pipe and took only a short time to do but all now clears and I am happy with the result.

The new pipe runs above the fuel pipe (a short length of coper is shown clamped wheel the pipe will run)
The brake pipes are now complete apart from the short runs to the master cylinder. These will be done when the body is on maybe later this year depending how I get on with engine build and installation.

I also decided to change all of the fixings I was using to fasten the pipe clamps from stainless button head screws to grade 10.9 zinc plated button head screws. I was finding that the hex socket in the stainless ones was stripping a little to easily when trying torquing up. Rather sort now than when the car is complete and I find I can't get in there and the head strips. All fixings have spring washers and thread lock. Not only does this stop the screws from vibrating loose the threads are sealed into the chassis as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment