Friday 26 June 2020

Side Louvres

I wanted to fit the side louvres from the outside securely with just a few screws. I've opted to go with a slightly different set from Andrzej on the Cobra Clum forum.

Therefore I have removed the inner wall that runs around the louvre apperture but was a little concerned about strength so opted to bond some aluminium angle both above and below each louvre and then screw the louvres to these.

Before
After

I carefully measured the length of both peices of aluminium angle and cut to length. After this  three holes per side were drilled in both the angles and the louvres. I'm using M5 stainless button head screws. The angles were simply bonded to the body using Tiger Seal after roughing up both mating surfaces and carefully positioning.


The first angle completed with suitable rivnuts
Both sides bonded.
Nearside


Offside



After these were fitted I decided to fit the side repeaters. They were purchased from Elise Parts. Lovely parts they are too but did take quite a lot of fettling to sucessfully

Before
After


Holes cut








Fitted


No comments:

Post a Comment