Monday 11 February 2019

Clutch pipe update

I forgot to add this to the history so better late than never.

I initially ran all the brake pipes and clutch pipe quite early on in the chassis part of the build. It was midway through last year when I realised that the latest AK Gen III rolling chassis appeared to have a larger size clutch pipe. I had a quick chat with Jon and he confirmed this. Great!

I managed to find 1/4" copper pipe fairly easily but fixings were another matter, let alone a flexi as all brake/clutch flexi's in those lovey colours are all 3/16". Finally I contacted Speedflow (www.speedflow.co.uk) and they were happy to make a 1/4" (dash 4 hose) teflon flexi for me.

Re-running the pipe was relatively straight forward apart from the face that all the pipe hangers were for 3/16" pipe which meant I had to enlarge them a little.

I had to replace the 3/16" bulkhead fitting with a 1/4" substitute. Fortunately I was able to enlarge the hole in the bracket just enough for the larger bulkhead to fit.

New bulkhead fitting

New pipe all fitted and clipped in place

Parcel from Speedflow. All parts to connect the 1/4" flexi from the new 1/4" pipe onto the banjo port on the clutch cylinder 

Chassis pipe end of the flexi connection


Done

No comments:

Post a Comment