Saturday 22 July 2017

Wheels 1

After alot of discussion on the UK Cobra Club forum I decided to go for Vintage Wheels in the US.

There was alot  of discussion about either 407 or 427 styles. Both look really good.

407 Style

427 Style
Eventually I decided to go for 18" 427's as I simply prefer the look of these. 407's are great but actually a little 'too' smooth for me.

The main concern highlighted to me by Bob was that due to the high offest values on the front wheels the 427 style is slightly outset from the rim. For me this is not a problem.

Bob Lacey at Vintage was really helpful and a great bloke to deal with. I can't recommend him or his company highly enough. The wheels are a work of art and licensed by Shelby too.

Tyre/Rim sizes as follows:-

Front - Rim 8" wide, tyres 225/45 R18 Y (91) Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR
Rear - Rim 9.5" wide, tyres 255/40 R18 Y (95) Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR

At the time of order I also purchase chrome wheels nuts, spinners and the wheel nut covers.

After ordering on the 22nd March they finally arrived on 2nd May and I must say that I am really delighted with them. All fits well on the XJ40 hubs so that is a relief too.


No comments:

Post a Comment