Wednesday 6 January 2016

Body/Chassis Delivery

This post is a rather late and out of sequence I'm afraid. Took all the photos but got side tracked somewhat. Still better late that never.

After great anticipation the day finally arrived for the delivery of the body/chassis kit, 31st July 2015. I was so relieved to wake up that morning and see the sun shining. It could not have been a better day. For me it was the culmination of a 30 year ambition back from the days of the LR Roadsters RAM Cobra, Southern Roadcraft and the like. Things have moved on quite considerably from those days.

All is revealed. What a lovely site!
As you can see I have opted for twin roll hoops and twin fuel fillers. I do like all things symmetrical. I have opted not to have the 3 front air scoops as for me these detract from the beautiful lines of the body. Each to their own though.


 The week before delivery I was really busy in building a wooden frame for the for the body to live on. This would mean that the body would stand over the chassis and I could leave it safe and secure in the garage but still be able to move it out of the was when necessary.
The body now seated on its frame. Needs a little positioning but should be good.
Chassis positioned in the middle of the floor area. This will be static until the wheels are added.
Finally all safely stored.
I would really like to thank all those who helped lifting and sorting, you know who you are. I could not have done it without any of you.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stuart,
    I don't suppose you made any drawings of the shell cradle? Its a really good idea as I was thinking of placing mine on bits of wood on the drive and covering with a tarp.
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stuart, the cradle is a really good idea. I'm in the same situation come May. I would like to avoid putting the shell on wood on the drive so if you had any drawings of the cradle it would be much appreciated.

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit sad I guess as I modelled it on CAD. There are no drawings but I did a cutting list. I'll add a new post with more info a little later.

      Delete
    2. New post now added for the body support frame build.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Stuart, I'm following your blog, its very good in the detail. Cradle built and ready for the 27th of May.

    ReplyDelete